Category — Bakeries
It is our pleasure to announce that HANSEN’S CAKES will be at PLUSH!! As one of our personal FAVORITES, Hansen’s cakes will be exhibiting and handing out delicious samples of their yummy cakes! Loved by many Angelinos and celebrities alike, Hansen’s Cakes will definitely be one of the highlights at the show!
From traditional ‘Old World’ designs to the most contemporary ‘high-tech’ styles, the Hansen name is recognized as the finest in baking and decorating! Hansen cakes are the culmination of the finest artistic talent and baking skill, with many of their delectable Hansen originals recipes handed down from generation to generation and refined over the years. These cakes are SO GOOD that their original cake mixes are now patented!!
Making your cake dreams come true for 7 generations…Hansen’s Cakes
Beverly Hills Los Angeles Tarzana
April 14, 2011 No Comments
We’re in full Holiday Spirit here at PLUSH, and we’re drooling over these ADORABLE cookies by Ally of Allyson Jane Designer Desserts! They would make a wonderful addition to your holiday dessert tables, and also make the perfect holiday gift. Allyson makes the most charming holiday cookies & cakes, so be sure to check out her wonderful blog. To place an order, contact Allyson here!
Vendor credits: Cookies: Allyson Jane Photography: Stacy Jacobsen Photography
December 17, 2010 1 Comment
We at PLUSH love to find the most unique and talented vendors in the children’s party industry, and we are constantly searching high and low for these AMAZING, Best of the Best, top vendors out there. We thought very hard about choosing our very first vendor to feature, and came to a unimous vote that it should be Anne Heap of Pink Cake Box!
Featured in the most prestigious and well-known magazines, such as People Magazine and InStyle Weddings, Pink Cake Box has won various cake challenges like TLC’s Ultimate Cake Off, with their amazing Legoland Cake! The genious behind Pink Cake Box is Anne Heap, who we had the honor of interviewing, as we were extremely anxious to get to know her a little better. Look below to learn more about the pastry chef extraordinaire Anne Heap & her amazing work!!
1. Full name/Company/Location: Anne Heap, Pink Cake Box, Denville, NJ
2. What do you do? I design and create custom cakes, cupcakes and cookies for events like weddings, showers and all sorts of parties!
3. How did you get started & why do your line of work? After graduating from Boston College in 2001, I went into Advertising. After a few years, my lifelong love of baking led me to quit my job and attend the French Culinary Institute. While there, I discovered my passion for all that is cake! I opened my business in October 2005 – and it has grown ever since. I love how cake allows me to be creative on a daily basis. Plus, there is no better reward than hearing how much a client loved their cake!
4. Do you do anything special to get yourself ready before creatively zoning out? I think in cake at this point – so usually it comes quickly enough. If it’s a really difficult structure, or I need to come up with multiple options, sometimes I like to go somewhere relatively quiet – with a pencil, a ruler and some paper. Coffee usually helps too!
5. Favorite color: Pink!
6. Favorite drink: Guinness
7. Favorite dessert: Warm chocolate chip cookie
8. Hobbies: Running, Cooking, Painting
9. If you could have dinner with two people (dead or alive) who would they be? Julia Childs and My Dad
10. If you can splurge on one thing, what would that be? A fancy kitchen for my house!
11. Do you have kids? Not yet…. although there may be one on the way
12. Mac or PC? Well really Mac…but my hubby is all PC..and since he is in charge of all things electronic, I am now a PC by default!
13. Another random fact about yourself: I’m a sleep talker
14. A good piece of advice: If you are fortunate enough to do what you love for a living, keep up your fight! You never want to let that go!
And finally, my FAVORITE cake of all-time:
November 3, 2010 4 Comments